GOLD VALVE SHOCK CONVERSIONS for VINTAGE/POST VINTAGE
A Gold Valve Shock Conversion transforms your stock shock into a high performance custom suspension component. The process includes a complete rebuild, a Gold Valve setup for your riding, and spring replacement (if required). Optional upgrades include, Rebound Separator Valve, and Hard Anodizing where applicable. When you receive your shock back, bolt it on and ride. It's that simple. 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- We take your stock shock and disassembly it completely, inspect all the components for wear. Then replace oil and dust seals, bottom out bumper, o-rings and any other worn components. If the shock shaft is damaged by wear, rust or pitting we offer a service to have it rechromed.
- At the heart of the Conversion is the Shock Gold Valve. This Custom Valves your shock according to your riding style, ability and weight. In many vintage applications the stock valving stack is grossly inadequate. Your shock is converted to the latest modern style valving. This setup can be changed any time to meet your riding demands.
- After the Shock Gold Valve is installed we reassemble your shock with Ultra Slick Suspension Fluid, set the nitrogen pressure, set the adjusters and install the proper rate RT HP Shock Spring.
* Suspension Lowering - The suspension can be lowered for additional cost. You will have to get the forks lowered an equal amount.
* Hard Anodizing - Some shocks do not come with hard anodizing. Hard anodizing will virtually stop the internal body wear and eliminate the associated oil contamination.
More Details on Hard Anodizing
* Gold Valve Shock Conversions can also be installed by any Race Tech Center, you, or your local dealer. You'll need to order the Gold Valve, Spring and rebuild parts separately. Click here for the Product Search to find the correct parts for your model. We have most OEM replacement parts in stock and can accommodate special requests. We Guarantee you love it!
NOTE: We have just updated our applications to include '79-85 YZ & IT, many '81- 86 RM's and more 46mm body shocks. If you don't see your model listed call us 951.279.6655